By now you’ve probably heard of the Keto Diet, a low carb diet that helps the body produce ketones in the liver to be used as energy. Ultimately, if this diet is properly maintained it should bring your body into a state of ketosis — where the body’s cells use fat for its energy source instead of sugars.
Try out a few of these beginner Keto recipes and see if you notice the difference not just in your energy levels, but in your physical and mental health as well.
Sautéed Brussels Sprouts With Pancetta by SkinnyTaste
- 2 oz pancetta, minced
- 2 lb brussels sprouts (weight after outer leaves and stems removed)
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or sliced thin
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- With a large sharp knife, finely shred the brussels sprouts after thoroughly washing.
- In a deep heavy saute pan, sauté pancetta on medium-low heat until fat melts and pancetta becomes golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil and garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add shredded brussels sprouts, salt, and pepper to taste and sauté on medium-high heat for about 5 to 7 minutes until tender crisp.
Sausage Zucchini Boats by Ruled.Me
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut your zucchini in half, lengthwise.
- Using a spoon or melon-baller, scoop out the zucchini so it becomes a shell for the fillings. Chop up the zucchini that you scooped out of the skins.
- In a pan saute your onions, garlic, and scooped zucchini medium heat.
- Mix in your spices.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high then add in the sausage.
- Once the sausage has cooked, mix in your cheese, cooking until it melts. Divide the cooked zucchini and sausage mixture equally among the zucchini shells.
- Top with some more cheese and place into a casserole dish.
- Pour a ½ cup of chicken broth into the bottom of the dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
Ave Lucia is our true ray of shining light. She is responsible for running our amazing front desk team at NAKOA Fitness and Physical Therapy and leads our nutrition program. Even with all of that, she is still somehow able to infuse an element of her shining, happy, infectious positivity into everyone and everything she touches. Her smile alone could melt you in two seconds and the genuine love and care that she shows every person that walks through the doors makes it impossible not feel happy every time you see her.
She goes above and beyond in everything that she does and is beyond dedicated to making sure that people have the best possible experience imaginable when they walk through our doors.