You or the kids might be headed back to school, or maybe your schedule is about to get really busy, but that’s still no excuse to start slacking on your diet! Here are four easy (and healthy!) recipes to make when you’re short on time or when you need something to munch on while you’re on the go.
3 Ingredient Pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 handful oats
- Mash banana in a bowl until smooth consistency.
- Add in the egg and oats and mix together.
- Put coconut oil in a pan over medium heat and scoop the batter onto the oiled pan.
- Cook for about two minutes on each side, depending on size.
Quick Chicken Broccoli Pasta Bake
- 10 – 14oz chicken tenderloin, breast or thigh, cut into 1.5cm / 3/5″ pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme (or other herbs and/or spices of choice)
- 8 oz spiral pasta
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups almond milk
- 3 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 – 2 tbsp butter (optional)
- 1 large broccoli or 2 medium broccoli or cauliflower, broken into small to medium florets
- 1/4 cup flour (I used arrowroot flour)
- Preheat oven to 390F
- Sprinkle chicken with salt (be generous), pepper and thyme, toss to coat.
- Spread pasta in a baking dish. Sprinkle over flour.
- Pour over milk and broth, add garlic and butter. Stir.
- Spread chicken over the top, then broccoli.
- Cover with foil, bake for 20 minutes
- Remove foil and stir well
- Return to oven. Bake for 25 minutes until top is golden and sauce is thickened
- Stand for a few minutes then serve. Enjoy! 🙂
Fresh Deli Snack Box
- 2 ounces thinly sliced nitrate free turkey breast
- 1 large egg, hard-boiled
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 pita bites crackers
- 2 tablespoons raw almonds
- Place turkey, egg, tomatoes, crackers, and almonds into Tupperware.
NOTE: you can prep these all ahead of time! They can store in the fridge for 3 days. Sub for any of your favorite veggies and almond butter. 🙂
Grilled Zucchini Hummus Wrap
- Wrap (Udi’s or Julian Bakery wraps)
- 1 zucchini, ends removed and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tomato, sliced or handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/8 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup kale, tough stems removed
- 2 slices white cheddar or chipotle gouda cheese (optional)
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- Heat a skillet or grill to medium heat.
- Remove the ends from the zucchini and slice lengthwise into strips. Toss sliced zucchini in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place sliced zucchini directly on the grill and let cook for 3 minutes, turn and cook for 2 more minutes.Set zucchini aside.
- Place the tortillas on the grill for approximately one minute, or just until grill marks are visible and tortillas are pliable.
- Remove tortillas from grill and assemble wraps, 2 tablespoons of hummus, one slice of cheese, zucchini slices, 1/2 cup kale, onion, and tomato slices.
- Wrap tightly and enjoy immediately